Part number for the push button switch MXR uses on the VH Phase 90?

Started by skiraly017, August 03, 2010, 07:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Does anyone have a Mouser part number handy for a push button switch similar to the one found on the MXR VH Phase 90 or Carbon Copy? Kind of in a pinch at the moment and can't search the Mouser catalog, thanks for any help.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Mark Hammer

The switches are easy to find.  Small Bear carries them (http://www.smallbearelec.com/catalog/E_switch.jpg), but you can get them other places too.  I have a bunch sitting in a bin here.  It's the damn buttons that fit on top that are hard to get. :icon_mad:

phector2004

Any idea where to get the buttons? Those are the blue latching switches, right?

I got a Roland Cube amp from someone that quit guitar after dropping 1000$ on an electric + amp then discovering his thing was cooking ;D
Might sell it sometime soon, and if I can cover that missing channel button, they won't try and bargain me down 30$

smallbearelec

Quote from: Mark Hammer on August 03, 2010, 08:45:48 PM
It's the damn buttons that fit on top that are hard to get. :icon_mad:

Cher Mark--

I think rectangular caps for E-Switch are available at Mouser.com, p/n 612-1D-BK and similar. I'll get a few samples and make sure they fit the actuator of the clones that I have.

"If ya don't ask, ya don't get."

skiraly017

The one MXR uses is smaller. Looks like I'll be scouring the Mouser catalog this weekend.  :icon_sad:

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Mark Hammer

Steve,

But the round ones are so much easier for morons like me to machine.

I did manage to order some small black ones from Mouser a while back, a bit smaller diameter than what MXR uses.  They "fit", but the grip is such that one needs to rely on a well-crafted hole, and very precise placement, to assure the switch is actuated in a perfectly vertical manner. 

This is, of course, the principle challenge of bypass-on-board: one essentially trades the inconvenience of a big stompswitch and toggles, and all that wiring, for the inconvenience of having to assure precise placement.

zombiwoof

smallbearelec

Quote from: Mark Hammer on August 04, 2010, 09:46:29 AM
But the round ones are so much easier for morons like me to machine.

I am looking at the catalog of the Taiwanese trading company from which I order those switches, and they show some round caps. I will inquire.

SD

Mark Hammer

As always, sir, you personify scholarliness and gentlemanliness. :icon_smile: