SIP opamp recommendations?

Started by Taylor, August 09, 2010, 10:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

I'm thinking about switching to SIP opamps for some things, to get the tightest PCB possible. I generally use TL072s - because they are cheap, always available from a variety of sources, and have fine performance for my needs/ears.

I'm trying to find out what the SIP equivalent of the TL072 is - not necessarily with precisely the same specs, but whatever SIP opamp is spec'ed generically for audio, cheap, available, etc.

I found the NJM072BL at Mouser - anyone ever use it? Would it perform about the same in effects circuits?

Mark Hammer

I bought some of those.  Don't think I've used any yet, but there is no reason why they would not perform just like a TL072.

Other contenders are: AN6551 (which is a dual op-amp but 9 pins long), M5218L and the Rohm equivalent BA15218L.

zombiwoof

Small Bear has a few SIP opamps, some are ones already mentioned.  He has the SIP version of the 4558, the M5218AL and some others.

Al

smallbearelec

oldschoolanalog

Here's the op amps Mouser has in stock in SIP8 format:
http://www.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Integrated-Circuits-ICs/Amplifier-ICs/Op-Amps/_/N-6j73mZscv7?P=1z0yz09Z1z0yhi4
I know Taylor has already seen this. Maybe some more suggestions can come of this.
Personally, I have used (SIP format) NJM2904 (same as a 358) for LFO's with good success and NJM072/4558 for almost everything else with equal success.
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.