The lost PCB thread

Started by Mark Hammer, August 11, 2010, 10:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I wanted to start this a while ago, but now is as good a time as any.

If you're like me, there is a good chance you have made a PCB or printed off a layout at some point, and in the intervening months or even years since producing it, you have completely lost track of what it is.  It might be for something really good, it might not.  If only you knew, or had kept the stupid article or referenced the library book or web-site it came from.

So here, folks, is where you can post patterns and pics of boards and ask any passers-by if the pattern rings a bell at all.

I'll start the ball rolling.  What the heck IS this?  The layout style indicates it predates PnP so that would make it at least a decade old or more.  I'm thinking from the layout style it is something audio from a magazine like Popular Electronics or Radio Electronics or Electronics Today.  Just can't remember.  Those pads off to the far right suggest several inputs being mixed down. The chip off to the left would appear to be a quad op-amp, but the one to the right has a bunch of unused pins, suggesting a CMOS of some sort.  The enlarged holes at the bottom, far right, suggest I had a pair of trimpots in there at one time.  If you've come across this in your travels, let me know.

And of course, if you're in a similar slump, post it here and maybe the rest of us can help.