News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Kay Fuzztone

Started by blooze_man, August 24, 2010, 01:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooze_man

Kay Fuzztone style pedal using a Radioshack Fuzz and the housing from a 1972 DeArmond volume pedal.

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

tubelectron

Hi blooze_man,

The DeArmond pedal is superb specimen - but what is the role of the geared pot ? Fuzz ? Volume ? An what is that funny spring intended for ?

I didn't knew that RadioShack was building fuzz circuits (but there is no more Tandy RadioSchack Archer store in Europe for a long time...).

Anyway good, indeed,

A+!

I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

blooze_man

Thanks man. The geared pot is Gain. The knob up top is volume. The spring is so that you don't disengage the pedal so easily. Before I added the spring, I kept hitting the switch on accident.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Colonel Angus

Awesome enclosure! So retro looking :icon_biggrin:

Here's my Fuzz-Klone :

Built on perf with a with this layout:

Could probably have been tighter but this was my first attempt at DIYLC
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?