To much info can't find what i want, help please

Started by wormfooduk, August 28, 2010, 12:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wormfooduk

Ive been looking to make a EH smallstone and a lovetone meatball, both of which seam to have alot of posts about them with lots of different layouts most of which seam to have unsolved problems with volume drops or just mistakes or thinks that just don't work quite right. Does anyone know of a pcb or veroboard layout for either of these pedals that works perfectly? I dont really mind which version of the smallstone just any of the usa models. Plus another question has anyone reworked the meatball layout to use toggle switchs instead of rotary switchs? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

slacker

I don't think you can do the meatball with toggle switches, some of the switches have more contacts than you can get with toggles.
You could probably do a cut down version if you really wanted toggles, but you'd have to lose some of the features.

wormfooduk

Thanks, I thought that would be an issue with the meatball.

The tonepad small stone has a volume drop issue it even tells you on the layout on there site. if its easy to correct i will use it, ill have to do a search for mods for that version.

Skruffyhound

You can use a toggle in place of one of the rotaries on the meatball without losing any features, if that helps you at all. The later versions of the pcb layout all work I think, it's just that the original effect was such a finicky beast that people are modding to try to make it more stable.

wormfooduk

Yeah i had a meatball a few years ago and sold it, the originals not what you would call stable. Thanks for your advice  8)