Previous topic - Next topic

aron

B Tremblay

Yes, sadly that is "our" RDV.

He will be missed.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

frequencycentral

That's incredibly sad. A colleague of mine of the same age as RDV also passed away last week. Life is so precious.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

John Lyons

Oh man, I knew he had some troubles but...ugh....
RIP !
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

DougH

Man, that is really sad... I really liked Ricky. He was a great guy and will be missed. My condolences to his family.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

alanlan

You get an idea of the character of people posting on here from the tone of their words.  I think RDV was a top bloke.  :icon_sad:

joegagan

a very good man. i missed him already. rest in tone, ricky!
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

slacker

Very sad, I only knew him from on here, but he seemed like one of the good guys.

Mark Hammer

Not the sort of thing I hope to see when I ponder "Hmmm, wonder what's new on the forum?".

Ricky's presence here was always upbeat.  The guy had an irrepressible enthusiasm that I'm sure will be missed more broadly than here.  Always ready to share.  Always ready to provide encouragement.

I'm sure we all wish his family and friends nothing but sweet memories of him, and a speedy healing.

Mike Burgundy

Oh man... My heart goes out to his wife and kids.
Er, this might be a slightly weird question, but I'm not too sure about obituary etiquette - I don't know Ricky aside from reading posts at the forum. Think it's okay to put something in anyway, or should we maybe do it as a joint forum effort?
Edit - memory book, I mean the memory book...

Brymus

Wow even though I didnt know him personally,this makes me really sad  :icon_cry:
He posted on other DIY forums too,and many of his posts here and elsewhere have been very helpful to me in my DIY journey.
My condolences go out to his family and friends.
From the response his obit is getting its clear he touched many ,many peoples lives.
R.I.P.  RDV
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Nasse

Best sounding tone demos and brilliant playing skills just what I like, this is so sad...
  • SUPPORTER

space_ryerson

Very sad indeed. I always enjoyed reading his posts. RIP.

petemoore

A great friend I met and shared learning experiences with. Always a great joy for us when he posted on Aron's forum.
  Although some feel the internet is a barrier to really knowing someone, not so with RDV, he was a great person to know, we miss him.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Toney

Oh no! That's very sad.
I remember his excellent acerbic wit and useful contributions.
Condolences to his family, hope they are doing OK.

He was a real personality.

RedHouse

Yeah I remember him from his contribution the "Heavy Metal Pedal" back in '03 or '04.

God bless, and rest well. My condolences to his family.

BTW, I tried to send a message via that webpage, it didn't fly because I didn't have his email address.

If ANYBODY here has his private email and can FWD this thread, it may be good for his people to see how much the internet community appreciated his participation.

Paul Marossy

What?! Wow, that is a real bummer. He was only three years older than me. He passed on while still pretty young.  :icon_frown:

B Tremblay

Quote from: RedHouse on September 03, 2010, 10:56:53 PM
If ANYBODY here has his private email and can FWD this thread, it may be good for his people to see how much the internet community appreciated his participation.

I have his email.  I sent him a message in June, but received no reply.  That account may not be checked by anyone.  Maybe Aron can communicate via the person who notified him?
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Ben N

Oh, that hurts. What a great guy. RIP, Ricky, you are missed in wide and varied places.

And this: http://wood.tributes.com/show/Ricky-Vance-87822622, and this: http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb125/Reba87_07/rdv/?action=view&current=635c4d4a.pbw&newest=1
  • SUPPORTER

Rob Strand

Thanks Aron,  that is sad news.   I hope his family is OK.
One of my friends had some serious heart problems recently,
fortunately he pulled through.  I felt worried for his family.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.