Trotsky Drive gain pot doesn't work

Started by FinchFex, September 05, 2010, 06:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinchFex

I've built a (modified) Electra Distortion and implemented the gain pot as seen in the trotsky drive:

Pin 3 is connected to the 3.3k  resistor and pin 1 & 2 are wired together, right? If I wire it up like that I don't get any sound. If I don't jumper pin 1 & 2 together but connect pin 1 to ground instead I do have sound AND can control the bias of the resistor, but it doesn't control the gain in a linear fashion like you'd expect from a gain control.

Any suggestions where I went wrong?

Help much appreciated!

Hides-His-Eyes

try replacing the whole pot with a 50k resistor to check it's not a dodgy pot.

rico_wonderland

hai.... finch.... u must see the layout clearly.... see the layout wiring all component and pots, DC jack... all!!!

in the gain pot, leg1 in single way to 3.3k resistor.. and leg 2 nand 3 in same..... look in the pots pic there..... u can see the number of leg....

so not leg 3 in single way, and leg 1 and 2 in the same... not like my pic...

try to swap it....

deadastronaut

Quote from: rico_wonderland on September 05, 2010, 08:39:25 AM
hai.... finch.... u must see the layout clearly.... see the layout wiring all component and pots, DC jack... all!!!

in the gain pot, leg1 in single way to 3.3k resistor.. and leg 2 nand 3 in same..... look in the pots pic there..... u can see the number of leg....

so not leg 3 in single way, and leg 1 and 2 in the same... not like my pic...

try to swap it....

wtf?...... ???
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rico_wonderland

i'm just try to sugest... because, in the pdf project, i see wahat u see.... but in layout wiring board, different way... not like the schematic above...

Govmnt_Lacky

I think he is trying to say that you need to wire Lug 1 to the 3.3K instead of Lug 3 and follow from there.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'