Trying to find a source for guitar pots

Started by StereoKills, September 10, 2010, 12:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StereoKills

I'm trying to find a source for some pots for a friends bass. They need to be ~ 3/4" long shaft with ~1/2" of that being threaded. I need them in 1 Meg and 10K values. I've been searching on digikey, mouser and stewmac for over an hour now with no results. If anyone knows of a good place for these I'd appreciate it.
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

newfish

Hi,

Try a google search for a company called 'axesrus' - they're UK-based, but I'm sure will ship most places.

This company became my 'go-to' when rebuilding my old stratocaster.

'allparts' (another UK company) are also worth a peek.

Cheers!
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

glesconz

Any specifics on the bass? Make, model, year? have you tried the manufacturer?

Cheers,
Glenn

StereoKills

The bass is a Jackson, not sure of the specific model. It had no model name printed on it and I was unable to find it on their website. Looked similar to the C20 that is on their site now, but with more knobs. It had a 3 band eq preamp, cut/boost switch, blend control and volume control. With the amount of knob space I'm working with, I'm putting in a Stingray 2 band eq preamp and a Bass Fuss with on/off switch. I can reuse several of the potentiometers, but I need to track down one each of the 10k and 1meg pots.

newfish - I checked out those sites. axesrus didn't have either value I was looking for, allparts had a 1meg, but not a 10k....

newfish

http://www.futurlec.com/PotRot.shtml

Not sure what their postage rates are, or if you want solid shaft, but these are at least 10K.

Cheers!
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

StereoKills

After much searching, I think I found some at digikey that will work perfectly.....unfortunetly they're about $10 each. Ah well, the cost for the rest of the project is about $6 so I don't feel too bad about it....

Thanks for the help, I've added those sites to my suppliers list :)