monte allums sd-1 mods

Started by kin0, September 11, 2010, 02:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kin0

Hay I am building sd-1 and I wanted to add one of the monte allums mods to it (sd-808 or the gt) but I don't have access to paypal. Does any one have the instrauctions for one of this mods? I can't find it in google

G

Nobody who has already paid for it will be stupid enough to give it away to you for free, will they?

Paypal will accept any debit or credit card, you do not need to register.  In some cases you don't even need a card, just a bank account.  If you don't have any of these, you know someone else who does.

kin0

well if ill by ill give it free. And I don't have a bank account or a credit card cause I'm a teenager. I would buy it in cash if i could but i can't that's the problem.

kin0

flintstoned

Anytime someone posts his mods he gets them removed and chews them out. I've seen him rip people just for asking (that is his way of making a living) so you might be out of luck. Check out the boss forum, there's tons of mods there and you might find one really close to his.
I forgot what I was gonna say here.

kin0

I found another mod. The analogman sd-1/silver/ts808 mod with the mod of the different cliping options (I prefer that it will not be on a push pull but on a switch) does any one have this mod instructions?

kin0

Talon5051

If you do a search for "SD-1" in the forum you will get a few mods that have been posted by forum members and I am sure that if you tried one and had questions people would be willing to help out.  The 2 mods that you are asking for are from people who make their living doing these mods so people in the forum are not going to step on anyone's toes like that.  I do not mean to rain on your parade but that is the reality of the situation.   

jkokura

Why don't you just build a Tubescreamer using the existing layouts found here and Tonepad? You don't need those mods to build a good overdrive that's very similar to the original, and the mods for those projects are much easier to find than either the Allums or the Analogman ones.

Please stop asking for commercially available mods. That's not the kind of thing we like around here.

Jacob

Earthscum

In my opinion, this is exactly the attitude that screws ya...

Before I got into modding and building pedals, I had NEVER heard of Monte Allums. I HAD heard of Keeley... from all the local music vets. Guess who's mods I actually learned from, and guess who I actually have respect for? Guess who's mods I could never find, and when I found a hint of one, it had already been replaced with a basic "F OFF! That's MINE!" attitude. Same reason I've seen a lot of businesses go downhill. Too easy to segregate yourself from the people who make you money (word of mouth advertising).

I'm not saying that you should freely give out every mod you come up with, especially if you are making a living from it... but from my own experience, a little sharing goes a long way to a VERY respectable reputation... why do you think we all love R.G. so much?  ;D

Here's a nice PDF for some SD-1 mods: http://www.indyguitarist.com/mods_new/sd1-mods-206.pdf

And thread on Bossarea Forums with a bunch of links.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

kin0

okay, no problem. And I want to build an sd-1 with ts mod just because i like the sd-1 with mod better. The TS dont have enough gain and its sound is not original. I'll try to find other mods and maybe I'll do some of my own. Thanks

And last question. Where can I hear Indyguitarist mods samples

Chrisq206

You should be able to find a list of Brian Wampler's mods on line. I did. Then I bought his book on modding pedals, so in this case free on line was good advertising for him. It's a cool book. I wish I had it when I was a teeager.