Suggestion for a 3-knob pedal with a 'Robotic" sound?

Started by MikeH, September 15, 2010, 01:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Awfully specific, I know.  My wife has been hand-painting some enclosures for me, and she painted a really cool one with a cartoon robot on it.  So I'm thinking of putting something 'Robotic' sounding inside... like a bit crusher... or maybe a ring mod.  But I haven't seen any designs for either that fit the bill (size-wise or number of controls-wise)

It's already drilled for 3 knobs, and it's a B sized enclosure.  So it has to fit in a relatively tight space.

Any suggestions?
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

wormfooduk

Not much help but it would be easy to add a tone control or voltage starve knob to a 2 or 1 pot design. I got a fuzz that has one knob can't remeber what it is ? its quite like a bazz fuss i think, but i added a tone control and a voltage starve, you can get some very odd splats and farts with the starve control. but like you said there are some more 8bit type sounds you can get from other pedals, but try a stave you might like the sound it gets you.

jefe

Check out liquid's synthbox:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=77851.0

Some of the initial links are gone, but read on to find links to schemos' in the gallery. I believe it has more than 3 knobs, but you could always drill a couple more holes, or just fix some settings in place with a resistor or trim pot?

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

MikeH

Quote from: jefe on September 16, 2010, 09:16:52 AM
Check out liquid's synthbox:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=77851.0

Some of the initial links are gone, but read on to find links to schemos' in the gallery. I believe it has more than 3 knobs, but you could always drill a couple more holes, or just fix some settings in place with a resistor or trim pot?

Oooh!  This one I really like.  And it's pretty simple too...

Any others?
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH