Removing resist after etching

Started by sixstring396, September 18, 2010, 07:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixstring396

Hey everyone, just one quick question.  What is the best way to remove the resist left after etching a circuit board?  Thanks.

Govmnt_Lacky

I use Scotch Brite and elbow grease. Works every time!  ::)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Kearns892

Acetone and an old toothbrush worked well for me.

Nail polish remover works well too (acetone active ingredient) but is not as concentrated. I've used it because more concentrated sources of acetone are not as available.

defaced

I'll second the acetone suggestion.  It's still commonly sold at hardware stores in the states. 
-Mike

edvard

I use the "Goof Off" paint and glue remover stuff.
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

fatfoohy

I used acetone just the last time i used it, i just dropped it in and the resist disappeared, it was on photoresist boards though
having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

nomorebetts

Ajax + water + scourer + a lil' rubbing works for me.
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

bean

Acetone melts it in just a few seconds. Start in the middle of the board and wipe side to side quickly to the edge. Then repeat for the other half. This minimizes the amount of staining on the backing material.

MmmPedals

I use steel wool. I find it faster than acetone.