Tonepad delays?

Started by gregsport, September 29, 2010, 08:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsport

Anyone have difficulty recently getting PCBs from Fransico from Tonepad lately - seems to have dropped off.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Hi, Tonepad is as up and running as ever, I've been traveling quite a bit and got somebody helping with shipping. Email replies are awfully slow due to spending so much time away, but shipments are handled in a timely manner.
Thanks!
Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Krallum

I ordered one in august and one sept 8th because i figured the first one got lost in the mail. Got both of them like a week ago.

Any idea how i can increase the maximum delay time?

Mark Hammer

Delay in delivery time, or delay in a time-based pedal?

frequencycentral

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 29, 2010, 02:37:48 PM
Delay in delivery time, or delay in a time-based pedal?

Hahaha - more travelling perhaps?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

JKowalski

Quote from: Krallum on September 29, 2010, 02:27:30 PM
I ordered one in august and one sept 8th because i figured the first one got lost in the mail. Got both of them like a week ago.

Any idea how i can increase the maximum delay time?

If you are talking about the effect delay time, you can increase it by increasing the value of the delay time potentiometer. However, at high delay times the original signal gets very hissy and starts to deteriorate quickly... That's why there is a limit on the tonepad delays, you can only go so far before the destroyed signal becomes useless (well, not for some people I admit)

The best way to do it would be to design your delay with different chips or put two of the PT2399 chips in series - that way you get twice the delay time and the chips are not pushed above their limits. Of course, this is way more complicated...

If you are asking about package delays perhaps you can call in anonymously and report your package as a potential terrorist threat?

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Krallum

theres just a video on youtube of a guy who modded his and i believe his delay is about twice as long as mine sounds but i haven't watched the video in a while. He also changed a few capacitor values so that might contribute to filtering out some of the clobbering of the signal