Question regarding Taptation Chip noises

Started by ggsmailroom, July 05, 2013, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggsmailroom

I have a couple of clients who have Taptation modded Rebote 2.5/DLay style Delay builds - they sound fantastic and work 100% but there are a couple of customers who have discovered a buzzing line noise on the center time sync toggle switch - it seems to be a problem that develops over time.

Has anyone else heard anything strange in their Taptation Tap Tempo builds? Some help would be nice as another client is hitting me up about their Delay being funny sounding on the center Time Sync Toggle.

Thanks!

Pat
Pat Garland

Technician, Owner
Garland Guitar Services

ggsmailroom

No one else hears this background line hum? I feel like Im taking crazy pills lol
Pat Garland

Technician, Owner
Garland Guitar Services

mth5044

Odd! Perhaps try emailing TTG for quicker results?

R.G.

Quote from: ggsmailroom on July 05, 2013, 07:49:46 PM
it seems to be a problem that develops over time.
"Develops over time" is not usually something the insides of microprocessors do. I'd look at the circuitry around the chip.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

The Tone God

Yeah sounds like a power supply issue mostly likely.

Andrew

ggsmailroom

I figured there must be some type of voltage or power issue somewhere as obviously that section is involved in the toggle for the 3-position Time Sync settings.

Ill see what happens on this next build I am doing for a new client and report back. Thanks guys!
Pat Garland

Technician, Owner
Garland Guitar Services