Custom Enclosures - mammoth ?

Started by Joseph, October 07, 2010, 03:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph

Anybody used this place? Seem to have a big selection of effects parts. i'm curious about the customizable enclosures?

www.mammothelectronics.com

feedback would be good

-Josef

Taylor

soggybag

I would recommend 4Site Electronics over Mammoth. Though I haven't tried Mammoth, the boxes from 4Site are the best I've used. The shipping price is better from 4Site also.

I set up a page with a list of my favorite suppliers and links 4Site is there: http://www.super-freq.com/parts/

Taylor

I kind of assumed Mammoth was a 4site distributor, since all of their boxes are called "4S 125b", etc. Just a guess though. Do you think these are different boxes?

Processaurus

Mmmm, Chinese Small Bear!  I've started to see more and more strange chinese internet shops catering to tech hobbyists.  Often the only clue is nothing in the "about us" page.

Joseph

i contacted mammoth and they are a retailer of alot of 4Site parts. Mammoth is located in Oklahoma. I might give em a shot. They have a ton of powder / pre-drilled options at a good price. I'll let you know what I find.

-Jo

LucifersTrip

I haven't seen this one many places:

S1590BBT (4S1590BB 'Tall') Enclosure
price  $5.60
4.67" x 3.68" x  1.95" (119 x 94 x 49.5mm)

I like the extra headroom.

Does anyone else sell something at least 4.5" x 3.5" X 1.8" for no more than $6

thanx
always think outside the box

soggybag

I would recommend using 4Site. I bought 20 boxes a few weeks ago including shipping the boxes were about $4.80 each. Check the Parts page on my site. You have email them for a catalog then send an email with your order. The process is fairly painless.

I can't say enough good things about the boxes from 4Site. The finish great, the casting clean and crisp, the screws great quality with good sized threads. These are the best boxes I have used so far. If you'd like I could post some pictures.

LucifersTrip

Yes, I have heard 4site are high quality, but I don't believe they have the "tall" version of the 1590bb and I believe the minimum order is 5 or 10 items...
always think outside the box

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Joseph on October 07, 2010, 10:05:20 PM
i contacted mammoth and they are a retailer of alot of 4Site parts. Mammoth is located in Oklahoma. I might give em a shot. They have a ton of powder / pre-drilled options at a good price. I'll let you know what I find.

-Jo

Coincidentally 4site is also in Oklahoma!

Has to be the same folks.
Try a little tenderness.

Joseph

From what I gather,  Mammoth is an authorized retailer for 4Site so there must be some relation. I'm looking forward to getting some of the drilled 4S125-B boxes. They have a sweet 'vintage orange sparkle' that I haven't seen before. Let me know if you guys know anything else and I will do the same. 

-Jo

Hides-His-Eyes

Utter facepalm though; they sell boxes drilled for two footswitches: with only one LED!

I'm not sure that the logic required to run a tricolour LED would be worth it compared to drilling myself...

Joseph

just got my 1590BB 'orange sparkle' from mammoth. Awesome. Rehoused my Rat clone and used some of their aluminum control knobs. Freaking awesome and freaking cheap!

Orange Sparkle

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4S1590BB-PC-29-p/500-1001-pc-29.htm

alum. knobs

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SKA-18X12UN-p/700-1700.htm

They shipped same day as well. Ordered on Thursday (shipped ground). Got to me this morning. Wired up the hardware and it looks like a $300 pedal.

-Jo