TB Loop Strip Wiring

Started by Dylfish, October 13, 2010, 11:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylfish

Hey Guys,

Just threw together my new tb bypass strip.

its based on the theory shown on Beavis website ( as you'll see by my dodgy use of icons).

instead of the 1 single loop with led im trying a 4 loop with a master bypass. The first 3pdt is the master bypass and the next 4 are the loops.

can you guys see anything wrong with this wiring diagram (apart from my lack of photoshop) in this working? (i also forgot to add the resistors, ill remember that)

Cheers

jkokura

One thing I see is that when you're in masterbypass mode the LED will not be on ever, there's no connection to ground for it. Do you want the LED for the Master Bypass to be on when the Bypass is on or off? Currently, the side you have it on will have the LED on when the Master Bypass is off, meaning you're going through the loops when you have the Bypass LED on. Don't forget the resistors.

Also, one hint, the Jacks, if you use the open kind like you have pictured, will ground without having to hookup all the sleeves if You use a Metal conductive enclosure. You need to have bare metal against the mounted jacks, but that's part of the cool thing using those jacks. If that's the case, I would simply attach the grounds of each switch to one of the jacks for each loop, and leave it at that. If you hook it up in a big circle like that you 'could' get hum. I don't know about that for sure.

Is there anything else you're asking about?

jacob

Dylfish

I think it would be cool to have the led on when using the loops so I'll keep it like that.
with the led ground wiring on the first switch, do I need the ground to go to the middle lug so I'll have connection when on? also will I get any pop when switching?

Thanks!

Dylfish