signal chain question and transformer isolated splitters

Started by simonkibble, October 22, 2010, 04:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonkibble

Hi again

I am building an ambient/looping rig... signal chain is a mix of before amp input and effects loop effects and my question is about isolation....

Before amp effects:

Guitar - EHX Hog - EHX POG - EHX Microsynth - Digitech Whammy - Damage Control Womanizer - Modded Danelectro Daddy O - Passive Volume pedal (I will be playing about with the position of a buffer (or 2) in the signal chain to see what works best too (works best in this context means 'sounds best to my ears....')

From the volume pedal output (which is mono) the signal is going to be split via a transformer isolated splitter (Radial tone bone) and sent to two Peavey Bravo amps

The effects loop effects are an Eventide TimeFactor and a JamMan Stereo looper. Each amp's effect loop is series, mono, so I will be going from (say) Amp 1 effect loop send (ELS)into Timefactor left channel and Amp 2 ELS into Timefactor right channel, then from the time factor L/R output into the JamMan L/R inputs, and out from Jam Man L/R outputs to the effect loop return of Amp 1 and 2.

Even though the Eventide and the JamMan appear to be true stereo devices, maintaining seperate processing of the left and right channels, am I likely to run into ground loop issues with the effect devices in the effect loop of both amps? If so, I am planning on another transformer isolated solution  - perhaps using the Orchid Electronics Dual transformer isolator available here
http://www.orchid-electronics.co.uk/dual_isolator.htm

Any comments on whether this is a sensible way to achieve what I am after?