CMOS Flange-chorus-fuzz. Would this work?

Started by Taylor, November 03, 2010, 12:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzz Aldryn

Oh man, my buddy just gave me the hint that routing the analog part is just horror! He did Bioroids manage that? Manufactored double layer PCB? The pinout of the 4066 is so stupid symetricaly! Dude, we've manged to squeeze many more parts taking circuits into 1590Bs but this one won't even fit into an 1590BB.  :icon_eek:

Taylor

Frayed knot. Just a little too busy at the moment, but I'd like to do a PCB/perf layout and make a real build. Some changes might be in order for the LFO and LED, to get the full amount of shift happening. Right now I think my LDRs are only sweeping through half their range.

askwho69

"To live is to die"

edvard

Quote from: puretube on November 07, 2010, 04:55:38 PM
Former German magazine "Elrad" had a fulll CMOS-inverter (3-chips) phaser in `83... (was it the december-issue?)
(it was the "linearized" inverters version), the variable Rs were made the "Badstone"-way...

Could it be found in the Elrad archive DVD?
http://www.emedia.de/@802wTvaoTQGY/bin/cd.pl?SID=;Aktion=T;Art_Nr=77666;Tab=rom;PR=T
(I don't have it, but perhaps one of our friends in Deutschland could help?)
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

Taylor

Quote from: askwho69 on November 23, 2010, 07:22:28 AM
Status
??? VERY EXCITED! :)) :icon_biggrin: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_surprised: :icon_smile: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: your a genius

That's very kind, but definitely far from the truth! Like most effects designs these days, this is just an application of an old idea.

I don't really have time to record clips right now, unfortunately. But, if you make the changes I mentioned, it should work as drawn - just send 4.5v (made with the usual voltage divider and cap) to the point marked 2.5v, and raise the cap in the LFO to 10u and lower the 100k in the LFO to 4k7 or so.

DDD

The initial circuit at the very beginning of the present topic generally works like the famous "Differential Distortion" stompbox.
"Differential Distortion" circuitry consists of the same building blocks: differential amplifier with one input feeded with the "dry signal", another input - with the same signal, but delayed through RC integrating circuit.
One can find "Differential Distortion" schematic and samples on the NET easily.
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

earthtonesaudio

Excepting that the Differential Distortion is basically a linear differential amplifier and Taylor's schematic is an edge-triggered sequential pulse generator, yes.  They're quite alike.   ::)

puretube

Quote from: edvard on November 23, 2010, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: puretube on November 07, 2010, 04:55:38 PM
Former German magazine "Elrad" had a fulll CMOS-inverter (3-chips) phaser in `83... (was it the december-issue?)
(it was the "linearized" inverters version), the variable Rs were made the "Badstone"-way...

Could it be found in the Elrad archive DVD?
http://www.emedia.de/@802wTvaoTQGY/bin/cd.pl?SID=;Aktion=T;Art_Nr=77666;Tab=rom;PR=T
(I don't have it, but perhaps one of our friends in Deutschland could help?)

yes, it was the december-issue...
(the same one that had an all CMOS-inverter Vocoder in there...)

Taylor could easily hand-redraw that phaser-schemo...
(or check & try out whether it actually ever worked...)