Hammond 1444 as a pedal enclosure.

Started by served, November 09, 2010, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

served

Hi.

I am going to built pretty large pedal. And I was thinking on using Hammond 1444 series enclosures.  Has anyone used them?
Will they hold? I was looking at the specs and it seemed like they are only 0.1 mm thick.

If they will not work, What kind of enclosure can I use instead of Hammond 1444-15?
Dimensions are
inch    10x 6x 1
mm    254   x 152   x 25

defaced

They're 1mm thick.  With a box that big, I wouldn't stomp on it. 
-Mike

blooze_man

The Hammond DD is fairly big. Not as big though. Are you wanting to build a pedal that is physically large, or are you trying to build an actual large circuit?
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

davent

Hammond 1441's are the steel versions of the 1444's, maybe those would stand up to the abuse of stomping.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

served

I am aiming at Big circuit.
I think I will order it from local source, will have it custom made. Then It will be just like I would like it to be.
But thanks anyway!

jable1066

Check out the enclosures at Banzai music - they have a huge range of bigger style enclosures. They have the old style rangemaster enclosures - it's just a shame I don't like my rangemaster clone...