pitch pirate schematic

Started by doug deeper, November 11, 2010, 09:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joer0952

hello, I was working up a pcb for this schematic, and I was wondering what the anode end of the 1N4001 diode was connected to.  I think it says 9v but then both ends of the diode would be connected to 9v is that right?  Also, is the cathode end of the LED connected to a switch?  If so how is it connected, I dont understand.

slacker

The anode goes to 9 volts, so the positive of the battery or DC jack.
Where it says +9V above the cathode that is just a label on the schematic meaning all the points marked +9V should be connected together. It doesn't mean connect it to 9 volts.
The cathode end of the LED and all the other stuff there should be connected to ground, I'm not sure what "SW" on the schematic is supposed to mean.

joer0952

ok so I should just disregard the 9V+ on the cathode end of the diode.  What about the same symbol on pin 6 of the LM386, pin 8 on the TL072 and the resistor on pin 3 of the TL072, those still get 9V+?  Just so that I can learn from this how did you know that it is only there to tell you to connect all the 9V+'s together.  Maybe the sw is for the 3PDT switch so the led doesnt stay on constantly and only gets ground and goes on when the pedal is on.

louisquinn

quick question.. i hope it doesn't sound dumb

is there two LED's in this or is that larger LED symbol just a part of the symbol for the LDR?
thankS!

FUZZZZzzzz

I believe its a vactrol..  (you can buy them like that) or tape a ldr and led together with tape..

Quote from: louisquinn on March 08, 2012, 07:05:04 AM
quick question.. i hope it doesn't sound dumb

is there two LED's in this or is that larger LED symbol just a part of the symbol for the LDR?
thankS!
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

louisquinn

ohh awesome thanks one more thing....

is that REG1 a J505 or a 7505? can't really read it
the J505 is a current regulator and the 7505 is a voltage regulator

louisquinn

waait nevermind its a 7505 because that's the vcc of the IC

ambulancevoice

anyone got or making a layout for this? on perf, vero or pcb? im trying to make my own but its a pain in the ass! :D
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

pinkjimiphoton

i'd be into a vero too..

i'll try and make one up, but for some reason i totally suck at anything with ic's in it on vero.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Tightpants

Here is a vero layout that works well for me. It's from the Madbean schematic over at the "other" forum so it's not the deluxe version but it does sound just like the original You Tube demos. I'm not sure of the correct taper for the pots but log for the depth pot and linear for the others seems to work well. I tried a few LDR's and they all worked to some extent. However I got some great results with the Silonex NSL 4962 (available from Farnell amongst other places). I tried a green led (wavelength should be slightly closer to the sensitivity peak of the CdS ldr but the blue one worked better - probably due to it's higher intensity, white should work well also). 
I should say that I copied this layout from a paper version (I'm new to DIYLC) so it has not been directly verified, although I have checked it over a few times........

hangingmonkey

Is there 28 or 29 trace cuts?

It says 29 at the top but i only see 28 cuts...

haveyouseenhim

There's 29     there's a few tricky ones under components. maybe you missed the one under r10    I missed it the first three times I counted
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

rousejeremy

Since the Glitch Computer has been discontinued I think it's fair to get some gutshots here sometime. ;D
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

hangingmonkey

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 02, 2013, 02:57:16 PM
There's 29     there's a few tricky ones under components. maybe you missed the one under r10    I missed it the first three times I counted

Damn, did you count 29, ive gone over it several times and im still getting 28.  Ive included the cuts beneath d1, c1, r1, r10, theres 15 under the ic's and the rest are easily visible.  Are pins 3 and 6 of ic3 meant to be connected?

Btw, how did the pitch pirate work out for you?

Skruffyhound

There are only 28 cuts marked on that layout

Devius

Ermagerd! That thing is fantastico!
I can't wait to build one... My only question is "Is the bank going to give me a loan for all the shit I need to order from small bear?"

timd

This might be one of those pedals that you want to buy instead of make...unless you're up to it!

hangingmonkey

Quote from: Skruffyhound on January 02, 2013, 07:48:29 PM

Thank you!
So im not going mad after all or forgotten how to count.
Im thinking about doing the pcb etch for this instead...

Tightpants

Quote from: hangingmonkey on January 03, 2013, 02:54:22 AM
Quote from: Skruffyhound on January 02, 2013, 07:48:29 PM

Thank you!
So im not going mad after all or forgotten how to count.
Im thinking about doing the pcb etch for this instead...

Yeah my mistake, sorry about that  :icon_redface:. On the plus side this layout has been verified by someone at the other forum. I corrected the file to 28 cuts and marked it as verified.

zaqzaq

thanks for the schematics!! and thanks for the build!! i searched for some demos and it looks very impressive. but one question though: why did you use high voltage caps? for mojo or just because you didnt have 16/25v around? does anyone know if higher voltage matters in these circuits (i mean, higher than 16v)?