The Great Debate: PNP and NPN in harmony?

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, November 19, 2010, 02:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Nothing wrong with testing.
  Just test that there are no-shorts [during all possible/relevant PS switching conditions] before applying power.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

joegagan

Quote from: R.G. on January 27, 2011, 11:05:02 PM

It is far, far, far simpler to use a separate power supply for positive-ground and negative-ground circuits than it is to try to make one of the units accept the wrong-side ground. Good, reliable, quiet power adapters can be bought for about US$20. That's a remarkably cheap solution compared to spending several days flogging the internet looking for whywhathowwhenwho to get around it.

exactly the same conclusion i reached years ago. my + ground effects use batteries, since their current draw is low, my commercial style time based effects use a one-spot. very easy.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

DougH

NPN and PNP
Are together in perfect harmony...

Sorry... Couldn't resist...

Use a battery for +ground stuff or a separate wall-wart & call it a day. Not worth agonizing over imo. Charge pumps are for suckers... (j/k)
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

edvard

Quote from: DougH on January 28, 2011, 07:49:12 AM
NPN and PNP
Are together in perfect harmony...

Sorry... Couldn't resist...

Use a battery for +ground stuff or a separate wall-wart & call it a day. Not worth agonizing over imo. Charge pumps are for suckers... (j/k)
Hehehe...

"NPN and PNP
Live together in perfect
Harmony
Side by side on my powered
Pedalboard
Oh Lord
Why don't we?..."

Take it Doug!!...
:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy