Fuzz Face logo

Started by FuzzFace_EXP, November 24, 2010, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzFace_EXP

Hey guys I have a dunlop fuzz face i think form the 90s that has the Dallas Arbiter England on it insted of Dunlop Manufacturing. I just swapped out the dunlop board and put in a copy of the original Iss2 board. The thing is i would like to change the Fuzz Face logo on it. Its diffrent from the original. I don't know how to add pics on here so ill put out a links  that show the one i have and the original. 

Here's the original      http://www.custom-sounds.com/epages/Gagar.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/CustomSounds/Categories/articles/fuzz

Here's the one i have     http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BGWI&Product_Code=ZNUE-DUNL-FFACEu&Category_Code=SOLD-NUE-DUNL 

Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

jkokura

Why would you change out the guts and change the logo?

Which part of the logo do you want changed? Chances are you'd ruin the paint job trying to remove the original silk screen...

Jacob

FuzzFace_EXP

Well the resone i changed the guts is because the original board was modded by some guy and made it sounded like crap, so i decided to put in a original Fuzz Face board in there.  For the logo i don't mind having to repaint it at all. The part i want to change is the part that reads Fuzz Face, Volume and Fuzz. The one on the dunlop is a lot thicker and placed a lot lower, the original is much thinner and placed at the top of the enclosure.

Kearns892

Unless you are able to silk screen, I think it is a safe bet to say any homebrew solution would be further off the original than the Dunlop reissue. Do you have anything already in mind for hoe to go about this?

FuzzFace_EXP

Quote from: Kearns892 on November 24, 2010, 03:01:15 PM
Unless you are able to silk screen, I think it is a safe bet to say any homebrew solution would be further off the original than the Dunlop reissue. Do you have anything already in mind for hoe to go about this?

Honestly i have no idea on how to pull it off. :-\  i was hoping one of guys had any idea.

What about the logo that says Dallas Arbiter England. Does anyone have a template for it so i can swap out the Dunlop Manufacturing INC off the new reissues?

Electric Warrior

From 1970 on the Fuzz Face had decals.

joegagan

the white letters that dunlop used are very sturdy and thick. i have tried very carefully removing them with a razor knife and patience, even with good technique the red paint underneath gets marred. i would suggest a full repaint , then decals.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

jkokura

Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on November 24, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

Honestly i have no idea on how to pull it off. :-\  i was hoping one of guys had any idea.

What about the logo that says Dallas Arbiter England. Does anyone have a template for it so i can swap out the Dunlop Manufacturing INC off the new reissues?

But why?

Jacob

FuzzFace_EXP

Quote from: jkokura on November 25, 2010, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on November 24, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

But why?

Jacob

Why what? Because its a project. I think it looks better with the old font and plus i think it would be fun giving it a shot. Try something I've never done before.

jkokura

It just seems like something that's a little silly to be even trying. Your effort and time spent, not to mention the funds, will never be paid back. The circuit isn't original, and it would be less effort and money to get an original. Really, these are things we step on. If it were a blank canvas, alright. But it's destructive to try and get the decal or silk screen off, and it will never look as good without dumping a LOT of time and or money into it. I really am asking the question why because it's important.

If you don't care about any of those things, then go ahead! Post some pictures of the process so we can all benefit! But if you're trying to reproduce the old style enclosure to make some money or something, I don't think it's worth it.

Jacob

FuzzFace_EXP

Quote from: jkokura on November 26, 2010, 12:58:17 PM
It just seems like something that's a little silly to be even trying. Your effort and time spent, not to mention the funds, will never be paid back. The circuit isn't original, and it would be less effort and money to get an original. Really, these are things we step on. If it were a blank canvas, alright. But it's destructive to try and get the decal or silk screen off, and it will never look as good without dumping a LOT of time and or money into it. I really am asking the question why because it's important.

If you don't care about any of those things, then go ahead! Post some pictures of the process so we can all benefit! But if you're trying to reproduce the old style enclosure to make some money or something, I don't think it's worth it.

Jacob

I understand where your coming from. The circuit is not an original from the 60s but its an exact copy of one. I even had NKT275 put in there by Analogman. Ill probably go to a shop where they make decals around the block from where i live and see what they say about removing the silk screening with out messing up the pain, if that's even possible and they can possibly make me the decals for the pedal. Electric Warrior sent me the correct font for the Fuzz Face logo so I'm guessing they can pull it off. I get my pedal back from Analogman on Monday so when i receive it ill take it to that shop and see what they say. Ill let you know how that turns out. Thanks guys for the input :)