Easier, more efficient way to solder large batches of boards?

Started by skiraly017, December 11, 2010, 03:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

Quote from: R.G. on December 13, 2010, 02:58:57 PM
Quote from: John Lyons on December 13, 2010, 01:32:34 PM
Makes me think of the person (people) who drank too much water.
Who would have though it was dangerous?
Then there are our political heroes. Apparently some group got UN reps to the climate conference in Mexico to sign a petition supporting outlawing the use of dihydrogen monoxide, which, as the petition said "DHMO contributes to the greenhouse effect, it's a major substance in acid rain, it's fatal if inhaled, it contributes to the erosion of natural landscapes ... Basically, they want to use it in nuclear power plants, the production of Styrofoam, fire retardants, pesticides, and cruel animal research.".

At least one rep signed while being video recorded drinking a glass of DHMO then signing.

Deadly DHMO is also know as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Yep - to those who think about it and have a inkling what chemistry is, DHMO is ... water.

Never underestimate the danger of dihydrogen monoxide.

http://www.dhmo.org/

Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

and

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

• as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.

ps. I love that site.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

runmikeyrun

Quote from: John Lyons on December 13, 2010, 01:32:34 PM
Makes me think of the person (people) who drank too much water.
Who would have though it was dangerous?

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

My mom was an ER nurse and had a regular patient from the nearby psych hospital who would routinely drink too much water.  It would screw his electrolyte balance up, causing heart arrhythmias, as your heart's electrical activity depends on the levels of sodium and potassium in your blood.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women