Tremulus lune thumping in bypass

Started by El Heisenberg, December 16, 2010, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Heisenberg

Both my tremulus lune biulds work beautifully except for when they are bypassed, you cab still hear the LFO.  A thumping or ticking.  Theres a 100uf filter cap really close to the TL082 i used. i had no TL072s. But i didnt think using the TL082 would gimme that much more noise. I also put a .001 uf cap across the 50k trimmer.

I dunno what it is since my problem is when its bypassed. The input jacks sleeve is connected to circuit ground and the outputs is not. It was the other way around a few hours ago but i switched em while switching the order of a couple other circuits i have in the same enclosure. The other circiits arent the source of the thump tho its clearly the tremolo.

Any ideas?
"Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine."

petemoore

Tl062 being the low current device of the TL0_2 line, is worth a try.
 Hard to imagine whether it's an inductance or strong pull on the power supply, ie whether it's the output of LFO, it's power supply, or both.
 A Phase 90 LFO injected LFO thump into signal path when I mounted it in a 4-effects box. Though it's different than your situation, the effects around the LFO can make the otherwise-normal LFO input unwanted thump to sound.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

El Heisenberg

Ugh i am powering a ton of pedals off one supply. It puts out 1000ma from the regulator.

The box the tremolo is in has a tri-vibe and a Jen HF modulator in it. I call it the "lunar modulator".

El Heisenberg

No other suggestions? I dont hear anything from the trivibe and of course nothin from the jen hf modulator. But the tremolo LEFO is audible in bypass.

The input isnt grounded in bypass mode. Dont tjink thatd make a difference tho.

I had this same problem with my last tremulua lune so its not that the box has other circuits in it.

Taylor

What I do in the tap tempo trem is ground the LFO signal in bypass. This turns the LED off and stops the LFO from oscillating. These are different LFOs of course, but the concept can easily be applied to the Trem Lune.

El Heisenberg

Ah but see the trade off is that the indicator LED is always on. I have it so that LED is switched on with the 3PDT.

It was an asthetic choice cos there are two other LEDs on either side to indicate when the tri vibe or jen hf modulator is on. cant add more leds. Jen hf mod doesnt need a speed indicator led.

But grounding the lfo would solve the problem so ill have to do that....maybe get a 4PDT stomp.