Mongrel Fuzz- octave-down fuzz - Vero Layout

Started by Toney, December 19, 2010, 12:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

If anyone builds my PCB layout(s) before I get a chance to let me know, they all check out in the node checker in Express but they aren't technically verified yet.

Toney

Updated the loaded version: Q3 and Q4 are now 2n5088.

@ roseblood11
Having a clean blend and switchable boost presents phase issues with the basic two transistor version (will mess up the blend) unless you also use a two transistor boost that ends up non-inverted or have the blend and boost functions switchable; one OR the other but not both, as per the idea of converting the Jfet from the Buff 'n blend (page 1) to switch over to a boost. I think this will work but have not tested it.
You can, however, have clean blend with a boost running all the time like in the loaded version. So that's probably the way to go. Just tack on the Buff 'n blend to that version and leave it running.

Here's a little add on board.
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Toneys-Album/Buff_n_Blend.png.html

I would say just breadboard the basic "engine" don't even bother with the tone controls -just run a 100nF cap from Q2's collector to a 100K volume control. Then load it up as you like. It seems quite versatile.

Barcode80

For those of us who use PCB's, there is a really old but verified layout for Buff N' Blend in my gallery as well    :icon_mrgreen:

WhenBoredomPeaks

Sorry for the bump but have anybody heard this? Is this thing real or it is like that lm386 "octave down" called Underfuzz which is just actually oscillates on a very low frequency which modulates the signal?

Pharod

Just built the original first version of this and wondered, why the output signal is so damn low.
Is there a pcb version now?

caburron

the blend part is not working at center, loses all of the punch.like when two out of phase speakers play  bass notes,also the clean signal gates.check the verovoard and differs from the schematic!i built my in a protoboard just in case i didnt like the sound.r10,r11 are not on the schematic,why?need help.i was hoping to get the everyone's a winner tone.thx.   >:(