News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

My First Build.

Started by shiner_man, January 15, 2011, 11:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiner_man

Did an SHO clone from a vero layout I found on this site. 

It sounds great!  I didn't get a chance to really crank it since the kids are sleeping.

I just wanted to thank everyone in this community for all the help I was given.  Without places like this I never would have been able to do this.

Now, for better of for worse, I'm hooked.  Time to order some parts for a Dirty Little Secret clone.

Manny

Congrats on your first build!
It's always good when first builds go well, you best free up some space now for the hundreds of effects you're going to be building!  :)

nocentelli

Quote from: shiner_man on January 15, 2011, 11:05:25 PM
I'm hooked.  Time to order some parts for a Dirty Little Secret clone.

Dirty Little Secret is awesome: Formula No5 is really cool, too...

... and another soul is claimed by the dark lord of DIY pedal building.

Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

olivero1

My very first build. I used a PCB from Tonepad and graphics from an instructable that peaked my interest.

By olivero1 at 2011-03-17

By olivero1 at 2011-03-17

Sometimes my shadow leads | or it follows me
but we never seem | to become one | and the same

blooze_man

I knew I had seen that mickey mouse somewhere before..
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

wavley

Great job guys, now just hand over your wallet to Mouser and Small Bear and get used to smelling like flux!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Greenmachine

Those are very good first builds.  Mine didn't look that good.   :icon_biggrin:

Gyrofist

Technically this is my first build, an A/B/Y switcher that I've housed in an old lozenges container. I have since painted the container, but then in my process of testing it out for a while, I noticed that, unless I matched the two outputs very closely when in the Y mode, it would feed back like crazy, so I decided to use the parts and just make a true bypass box, which is all I really needed, so that I can bypass my Zoom 505II, which doesn't have a bypass. So I've got it all wired and everything, just waiting for the paint to dry and then it's done.

A/B/Y lozenges switcher:

And my newer true bypass switch, before paint:

Also was curious of possibly using Lego for an enclosure, so I gave that a dry run, but I'll be using that for a later build, when I get around to it:

I have the parts for a tremolo pedal, a copy of the Demeter Tremulator, that I don't have the time at the moment to build. That'll be my first "actual pedal", so I'm looking forward to that.

deadastronaut

my first build was a dr boogey..yes!. :icon_eek:.. that was a baptism of fire and hell.....seriously..

but i'd heard clips, and that was the 'one' to build.. :icon_twisted: (and still is imo)

i made the pcb 4x bigger to see what i was doing...(after learning how to etch too)...

i had no idea what colours resistors were..and meant..

i'd never really soldered before apart from leads...what a 3dptpdtddpt switch was i had no idea...

but @#$% me it worked....that was it i was thrown into the realms of diy for good....and things have never been the same since!.....

every other project was a lot easier after that mega project...

i put it in a massive box, and was very proud...ive since refined things...much better...

and have proper tools to do it all with now..including a magnifier lamp...no more massive pcb's.....but yeah, good learning curve for sure!.. :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//