Daphon E10AD with V3205/NE5532 chip

Started by au_loki, January 17, 2011, 04:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

au_loki

Just upgraded my E10AD (bought without an enclosure) with a Cool Audio V3205 and a NE5532 and now want to rehouse it. I want to know if the E10 series of pedals will fit in the E20 series of metal shells as I can get one cheap. Later au_loki.

au_loki

Just found that I can squish it into a 1590BB if i take off the board mounted power jack and in/out jacks. The board will be on an angle and just fit in. There might still be room for a modulation add-on board too. I will post a couple of photos once it is done. Later au_loki.

wavley

How do you like this thing?  I briefly (about three days) owned an Ibanez soundtank delay that is the same thing years and years ago until I dropped it in my friend's front yard and it never worked again, yes... it was broken by a two foot fall and landing in grass.  I think I still know where it is and I've been meaning to fix it.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Scruffie

I had an E20DL (Metal Enclosure) and it wasn't bad, needs a few mods to get it going good but other than that it's a decent Analog Delay.

Did get some Delay bleed through occasionaly though, the switching isn't all that great.

Mods i'd suggest:
Change the 3208 to a 3205
Change the OpAmp (Think I used a LM833... or was it 388?)
Add A 10k Trimmer To Bias it (There's actually a symbol on board, but it has fixed resistors)
Replace R18 & 19 with a 10k Trimmer

Getting parts off the board wasn't all that easy though, small tight pads and unleaded solder.

au_loki

The delay pedal has a bit of a high pitch whine as the delay time is increased but overall not too bad once the delay chip is changed out (V3205 - thanks Smallbear) and a NE5532 or similar low noise opamp is dropped in. I got the pedal without the enclosure for $13 - pretty happy with that. I'll let you know how the rehouse goes. Later au_loki.

Scruffie

Quote from: au_loki on January 21, 2011, 03:46:14 PM
The delay pedal has a bit of a high pitch whine as the delay time is increased but overall not too bad once the delay chip is changed out (V3205 - thanks Smallbear) and a NE5532 or similar low noise opamp is dropped in. I got the pedal without the enclosure for $13 - pretty happy with that. I'll let you know how the rehouse goes. Later au_loki.
With the bias trimmers, you should be able to remove this.

au_loki

Ah - thanks Scruffie, I see them just near the bottom of the delay chip. Thanks, I will try it. Later au_loki