Weird EAGLE cam output problem

Started by patrick398, May 17, 2019, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick398

I've been using the gerber viewer on PCBWay to check over the PCB i'm working on and have encountered a strange issue. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on it as i'm new to PCB design. I have a feeling this may be difficult to explain.

Note: The gerber viewer flips the board horizontally, the EAGLE view does not.

Everything seemed to be in order. This is the bottom of the board. I noticed one of the vias was stopping the ground pour connecting down the side of the board. So i went back to the eagle file and nudged it so that the ground pour was continuous.

Here you can see the via just to the right of R17, below the top right pot, which is breaking the pour.

Here it is nudged to the left to allow continuity.

Now when i export the gerber files again and upload them into the PCBWay gerber view all the traces disappear from the bottom of the board:

What kind of fresh nonsense is this?

garcho

Uff da. Can you try making a quick mock up board and see if you can recreate the problem? Or do you have any other boards you can try exporting? Because if you can't recreate the problem, maybe you could just start a new project and copy/paste everything from the post-nudge and try it again? Lame non-answer, I know, sorry. Good luck!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

patrick398

Quote from: garcho on May 17, 2019, 05:24:31 PM
Uff da. Can you try making a quick mock up board and see if you can recreate the problem? Or do you have any other boards you can try exporting? Because if you can't recreate the problem, maybe you could just start a new project and copy/paste everything from the post-nudge and try it again? Lame non-answer, I know, sorry. Good luck!

I'll give that a try. Maybe i should contact PCBWay as well, see if i can get an answer out of them

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 17, 2019, 05:36:58 PM
Weird.. Try:

https://www.zofzpcb.com/

MC

That looks like a really cool bit of software but i'm using a mac and i think this is windows only :(

italianguy63

That sucks... I sometimes use a "layer" Gerber viewer.  This one does a cool 3D rendering, and you can spin it and view it at any angle.  Works more superior... but sometimes it crashes.

Hey, what do you want for free?!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

patrick398

It's weird, i've tried routing that area a little differently and the traces show up on the gerber viewer whenever there isn't continuity on the bottom ground pour along the side. If i shift some traces or components to allow continuity it stops showing the tracks. Obviously continuity is desirable here...