Tonepad Phase 45 layout

Started by Celery_Strat, February 01, 2011, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celery_Strat

Anyone know if the pinout for the FETs is still backwards on the board layout?  I read that it was, but, it was quite an old thread.  Would certainly explain why my pedal ain't phasin'...

Govmnt_Lacky

Looks right to me. If you are using this layout:

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=70

Are you using Fairchild 2N5952s for your FETs?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Celery_Strat

Ok then, thanks!

Yes on Fairchild.  Got them from mouser.  (just bought 2 because i knew nothing about matching them.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Celery_Strat on February 01, 2011, 10:41:14 PM
Yes on Fairchild.  Got them from mouser.  (just bought 2 because i knew nothing about matching them.

Matching the FETs is a MUST in my opinion! Definitely read about and build the Geofx JFET matcher. You will probably need to order more FETs.

Good Luck  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Celery_Strat

Thanks.
Yeah I found te schem for the matcher, but I'm not much on reading them yet.  I'm having trouble seeing how the opamp is connected.  I do better with layouts for now... :icon_mrgreen:  I can hear a ticking that is controlled by the knob, but, other than that, its just dry guitar signal...

Govmnt_Lacky

If you really want this fixed... follow this link:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0

After following the steps and posting what is required, you should have it up and working in no time!  ;)

Celery_Strat

Working on getting all those measurements now!  I'll be back in a bit!