Slider Pots - Where to find?

Started by T-Flex, February 03, 2011, 10:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Flex

I've been searching for a specific slider pot for an upcoming project but havn't had much luck.  I need a 500k audio slider preferably one with screw holes on the face.  Digikey and Mouser are both no goes and I just can't seem to find this thing (if it exists) anywhere.  Any help would be very... helpful.   :)
thanks
It's more fun to compute.

Taylor

You're right, they don't have audio taper pots like that. But they do have plenty of 1 meg linear slide pots that fit that description. As per RG's Secret life of pots article, assuming you're wiring this as a voltage divider, you can put a 500k resistor across a 1 meg linear pot to get a ~500k audio pot.

T-Flex

yea looks like i'll just have to settle for linear.
thanks for the assistance

Taylor

Did you understand my suggestion? You can make a 500k audio pot by just putting a 500k resistor across a 1 meg linear pot. Costs one extra penny.

T-Flex

cutting the range in half alters the taper???

Taylor

Read RG's article I linked above - it has the info you seek.

T-Flex

aha - i've read the article in the past, last bit of info must not have stuck with me.
many thanks

twabelljr

Shine On !!!

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808