True Bypass on a Boss OS2

Started by ghostsauce, February 06, 2011, 04:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostsauce

So, I frankensteined an OS2 recently and put it into a box with something else, and since I've done that only the distortion side of the circuit functions... Need some help!  :P
Here's a schematic: http://ghostsauce.net/random/Boss%20OS-2%20-%20Schematic.jpg

What I did was remove and jumper the outside legs of Q1 and Q5, and I also removed R38 and C24.  Then, because I have one power supply for the whole box I removed the power jack. (Which of course has 3 lugs on it.. but at the moment only the 9v supply lug is connected to anything. I've no idea what the other 2 lugs are for)

I'm thinking that it has something to do with the other 2 power jack lugs, but I'm stuck because I can't tell where they are on the schem. Right now, the Blend knob which is supposed to go back and forth between the OD and Distortion circuits functions as a 2nd volume knob. So I know the signal is getting busted up somewhere, but where? 

Hides-His-Eyes

3 connector power socket = +ve, gnd, and battery +ve (so that the battery disconnects when the mains is connected, or you'd be putting 9V across the battery!)

ghostsauce

Oh good, so that explains a lot.  I've no idea what's going on here though... Maybe I should jumper where C24 and R38 used to be?  /shrug    I assumed that was just setting up the switch somehow.

ghostsauce

Grr, I know it's a small thing, I just don't know what it is.