component collections, ge transistors and other misc components

Started by stezza, February 07, 2011, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stezza

Hi Guys,

Sorry if you opened this post expecting me to be selling this stuff, but every time I put an order into smallbear/ggg/etc I find myself ordering multiples of everything in the expectation I will use these this stuff in my next build (which I do). However this has been limited to resistors, caps, perf/vero, pots, switches and jacks so far. My question is, what sort of other components would you advise to buy in my next purchase. Specifically I've been looking at the ge transistors at small bear, but I don't really know what to buy or where I'd use them (already built fuzzface and tonebender). I'm also thinking of building some octave up/down pedals in the future. What do you guys find handy to have laying around in your component box?

Scruffie

For the Octave Pedal, Grab a couple of 4013s & Ge Diodes, the 4013 is fairly common in Octave Down Designs and a few Octave designs use Ge Diodes, handy to have them about anyway.

OpAmps, always nice to have a selection on hand.

Ge Transistors... if you have the Fuzz Face & Tone Bender... I wouldn't bother stocking up on them, exotic components are better bought for planned projects otherwise they just sit for ever being wasted where someone else could be using them.