Tiny Panasonic ERD resistors

Started by aflynt, February 07, 2011, 07:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aflynt

Anybody ever use these tiny 1/4 watt Panasonic ERD carbon film resistors from Digikey? I got them thinking they were regular sized and was wondering if anyone had opinions about them. It seems like they may be able to fit nicely in places where other resistors would need to be standing up.

-Aaron

IvIark

I'd love a full set of them.  I really hate standing resistors and that would make layouts a lot less complicated without having to accommodate 4 row spans every time.

benl560

i got some from mouser recently.  KOA Speer brand. i thought they sent me 1/8 watt or smaller at first so i didnt use them

aflynt

Taylor

I use Xicon 1/8w resistors that are that size all the time in pedals. IME 1/4w is only necessary for a few very specific situations. You can make very nice small layouts without standing resistors (which I too loathe). Xicon has a full line of them at Mouser, very cheap and available.

twabelljr

I like them. 2 holes on perf. horizontal and not in the way of anything at all. They are just a tad up off the board when using 2 holes but since a "typical" resitor needs 4 holes to lay flat these are nice! I only have a few values but would definitely re-stock with the smaller ones when the time comes.
Shine On !!!

jefe