This Muff is wide open...

Started by newfish, February 21, 2011, 04:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfish

...and needs a battery door.

It's an NYC re-issue with the over-sized case.

Does anyone know of a UK / Europe retailer who stocks them?

Thanks,
Ian.
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

Mark Hammer

You know what we desperately need?

We need someone to master the art of making your own battery-compartment covers, and show the rest of us how.    DOD and Rocktek (or similar) pedals are probably the worst, because those plastic snap-in things are always falling off and disappearing.  How many pedals have YOU seen with the battery held in place by a piece of duct/gaffer tape?

newfish

Quote from: Mark Hammer on February 21, 2011, 08:55:21 AM
You know what we desperately need?

We need someone to master the art of making your own battery-compartment covers, and show the rest of us how.    DOD and Rocktek (or similar) pedals are probably the worst, because those plastic snap-in things are always falling off and disappearing.  How many pedals have YOU seen with the battery held in place by a piece of duct/gaffer tape?

+1. 
Gaffer tape is all well and good, but it's going to be painful to remove...  :icon_eek:

...and on a Big Muff too!   :icon_eek:

(I'll get my coat...)
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

MikeH

The old EHX battery doors should be easy enough to fashion- the type that are a small piece of sheet metal with a tab at one side and a screw at the other and a battery holder riveted to the door.  But for others pedals, yeah gaffers is about the best you can do.

Actually gaffers tape should come off your Muff pretty easily, Duct tape is what you want to avoid.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Gurner

Just be sure to keep your effects pedal on a dry surface  ....nobody wants to have to deal with an agape dripping big muff halfway through a gig.

defaced

QuoteWe need someone to master the art of making your own battery-compartment covers, and show the rest of us how.
It they look like what they think they do, tin snips and some thin sheet metal (like 0.020") will do it.  My grandfather bought some keyboards for me as a kid and that was his fix. 
-Mike

dune2k

How about using a big hinge (like one of these: http://www.yacht-steel.com/images/articles/foto2/scharnier_eckig_50x50mm_edelstahl_a2_1_fo_large.jpg)?
Combine that with two knurled scews and two normal screws and you don't have to use a screwdriver anymore.