Jen Jumbo Fuzz?

Started by Arn C., March 04, 2011, 08:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn C.

Howdy all,
    Does anyone happen to have a schematic for the Jen Jumbo Fuzz?

I have one that the wires are broken and not sure where all of them go.

Thanks!

Arn C.

yeeshkul

How many wires are coming out of the PCB? In - out - DC - ground? I guess it is just a Big Muff clone - you should spot 4 diodes on the PCB. It yes, then it is a BM circuit.

Arn C.

Yes there are 4 diodes on the board  and there are 4 transistors and dc+ , ground  wire, input wire, output wire and one post with no wire, not real sure on the wiring, broken wires .
3 slider pots mounted to board.   
Edit:  It has a spot for a battery but no wires present

Arn C.

Arn C.

Update:  I managed to figure out where all the wires belong.  I fired it up and the  sustain(fuzz) and tone work, but the volume is working first 1/4 or 1/3  of motion and then it is full on.  It has sliders.    I took a meter and tested the volume slider pot and it works fine.

I am not sure what is causing this problem.  Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Arn C.

Arn C.

Okay,  I tried it again.  The volume in off position, move it a little bit and gets loud pretty quick and at full volume or more just under halfway of travel then it is dead quiet after that.   Like I said the pot travel seems fine when ohming it out but doesn't work that way in the real world.  Is it possible the slider pot is bad?

Not sure where to go here.

Thanks!
Arn C.

I will try to sub in a regular pot and see.\ what happens

jrod

Not sure if this will help, but here is a gut shot:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/album146/GRAHAM+GREEN+COLLECTION/JEN+5.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

I know the circuit is more like the Jumbo Tone Bender with one clipping stage. The emitters are tied directly to ground and the two germanium transistors are part of an added gate circuit.

hair force one

(schematic without switching)

Quote from: Arn C. on March 04, 2011, 11:35:39 AM
there are 4 diodes on the board  and there are 4 transistors

Arn C.

there is 6 transistors and 6 diodes in the Jen Jumbo Fuzz.

Arn C.

Thanks for the schematic!
The sliders are bad!   I need to find some subs for this.
Arn C.

petemoore

Diverts greatly from being BMP like at D5 !
  What goes on below D6 ?
  It looks to me like signal which would get past the 4.7 [if that is a capacitor marking], feeds Q4 gain stage>Q5 feeds this into a passive mixer adding it to the output [bass boost?]...but how much signal would actually pass a 4u7 to ground shunt ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Locust

At last a schematic for the Jumbo!  8) Thanks! My dad has one and it's dead, been waiting for a long time for me to get into it... Besides, it's a real beast (as far as what I remember it sounded like is true...), and building a clone pops into my mind every time I see the big corpse on the shelf. Don't know why I haven't asked the schematic here myself - maybe because I've tried my best to just "listen and learn".

Posting virginity lost, so hello :)