POLL! What to put inside a Marshall Drive Master enclosure!?

Started by Renegadrian, March 09, 2011, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Quote from: Steben on March 16, 2011, 09:00:38 AM

See my EDIT...  ;) Gain will be relatively monstreous in a 9V supply pedal.

A triode has its typical full non-linearity precisely with cap. And that is strong second + third harmonic.
A jfet has its linearity maxed out as well with cap, yet it boost even more distortion and with a different balance in harmonics.

Don't get me wrong: each distortion can be useful as I said before. Yet emulating a specific circuit needs more thought if you have the right emulating attitude.

yes I read it, and well I don't know as I didn't try this one yet, so I just can guess that Guero changed some parts accordingly to the attitude you wrote of. The first "tube" is quite close to the tube counterpart, while the second part has  a cap at the third stage that I wouldn't use at a first glance.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 16, 2011, 09:03:32 AM
Quote from: Johan on March 10, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
the original drivemaster was identical to the guv'nor with the exception of not having the "loop"-jack...it might be worth trying ti revive it?..
J

Only other difference is a few componet values. I have Drivemaster at home if you wanted to repair this i could take some pictures of the PCBs in case you need to etch/repair yours.

thx for your kindness, it's not my need to etch a new one - the original pcb is ruined just a little, so I guess it can be reused with just a little care.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!