Mad Professor HandWired Sweet honey overdrive gain tweak?

Started by hopkinWFG, March 17, 2011, 11:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopkinWFG

Hi guys and fellow gurus...

i just have my Mad Professor handwired Sweet Honey Overdrive.. much that it goes it is rather "harsh" and i didnt like the way it compliment my  overdriven amp when stacked... i would like to know if how can i get this SHOD being tweak for its Gain section for better natural sounding Gain drive not being too harsh while retaining its original character?

or if someone could share me the schemetic diagram for the original BJFe Honey bee overdrive? would like to revert this Mad Professor to original BJFe's character...

CynicalMan

Madbean has a schematic:
www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/YellowShark/docs/YellowShark_ver2.5.pdf

To tell the truth, I think you should sell the Sweet Honey OD and DIY a Honey Bee yourself. You could probably get upwards of $250 for the handwired version. Then, you could build a clone and be up $200+ on the whole deal. It just seems like a shame to hurt the value of something so astronomically overpriced. ;)

You could probably even hire a forum member here to build you a custom Honey Bee and end up with enough money for an EHX Freeze or something.

Edit: Just so you know, this kind of thread belongs in the main forum.

hopkinWFG

Quote from: CynicalMan on March 18, 2011, 09:44:06 AM
Madbean has a schematic:
www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/YellowShark/docs/YellowShark_ver2.5.pdf

To tell the truth, I think you should sell the Sweet Honey OD and DIY a Honey Bee yourself. You could probably get upwards of $250 for the handwired version. Then, you could build a clone and be up $200+ on the whole deal. It just seems like a shame to hurt the value of something so astronomically overpriced. ;)

You could probably even hire a forum member here to build you a custom Honey Bee and end up with enough money for an EHX Freeze or something.

Edit: Just so you know, this kind of thread belongs in the main forum.

Thanks alot my friend ! yes i am trying to get my Mad Professor SHOD sold..as it is not working out because i am located somewhere not in the states... and they may seems its a hassle to trade with someone which is in asia..but i wont rule out ;)

Thanks for your help on the schemetic diagram.. i would like to try doing one clone out too ;) lets see Thanks !