Dunlop Univibe - anything particularly tricky about this circuit?

Started by cb, July 03, 2011, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb

I can get ahold of a Dunlop Univibe pedal for cheap. UV-1, I think, the one that comes in the big retro-looking chrome enclosure. I am told it does not work! So before I commit I wanted to check to see if it has reasonably standard components. Or might there be unusual parts in there that could make fixing it a pain?

Joe Hart

Mike Burgundy

The Dunlop is a different beast than the revered old Univox. As far as I know there's modern stuff in there, nothing fancy. Did a quick search, apparently these are notorious for bad solder joints and fragile cabling, so you might get lucky on that one. Just recable everything (possibly harwire everything and get rid of the molex connectors) and reflow the solder joints. That way you're sure that is okay when you start debugging if you still have to.

RedHouse

Quote from: cb on July 03, 2011, 04:13:25 PM
I can get ahold of a Dunlop Univibe pedal for cheap. UV-1, I think, the one that comes in the big retro-looking chrome enclosure. I am told it does not work! So before I commit I wanted to check to see if it has reasonably standard components. Or might there be unusual parts in there that could make fixing it a pain?

If you can get it cheap, it's a good thing.

As was said, it's not true to the original circuit though, look here for some more info on the comparisons: http://classicamplification.net/Effects/CompareVibes.htm
(do pardon my blatant advertising, but then, it is my webpage after all)