Help with Jawari Vero Offboard wiring

Started by trem7, March 22, 2011, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trem7

I've recently started building the Jawari pedal, and I'm using this layout:

Where would I connect the things like LED, Lugs 1, 2, and 3 of the Timbre control, and anything else that would go on the board?
I'm assuming the 9V is where the dc jack connects, ground is for all grounds, in is from the input jack, out is to the output jack?
Also I saw that vero layouts are supposed to be mirrored or something like that, this is my first time using anything other than pcb so would this layout show the parts as they would be arranged on top of the board or is the board the top layer in this image?

Sorry if these questions have been answered but I tried a search and could figure it out, even comparing to the GGG layouts and others I have found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pinkjimiphoton

i'll try and help ya bud, i'm a total newbe too, so...beware~! :icon_biggrin:

first, the led...the simplest way is to use a 3pdt stompswitch. i always forget which side of the led gets the current limiting resistor, but basically you take the 9 pins on the bottom of the switch and do it like this...use the two outside pairs for the audio switching, and the inside three connections for the led.

you wire it like this.

jumper the 1st and 3rd terminals at the bottom of the switch. this will be your true bypass connection when the circuit is off.

hot from input jack would go to the center terminal on the left. middle won't be connected yet, right will go to the hot of the output jack.

the left top terminal of the switch will go to the audio in on the veroboard.

the top right terminal of the switch will go to the audio out on the veroboard.

that will be how to wire the "true bypass" part.

now...the led will work like this...

solder a resistor, maybe 4.7k into one of the holes on the top rail. this is your b+ voltage.  connect the other end of the resistor to a wire,
run this to the center terminal of the switch. take the middle terminal of the top row of the switch, and connect that to your led (this is where i get a little confused, as a newbe...) sorry, you'll have to figure out which side of the led is which...one way it will light, one way it won't. you want it so that when the effect is active, the power flows to the led. the other end of the led will go to ground.
i find a little tiny piece of veroboard is handy, you can use a  piece with a couple rails to wire in the 2 wires, and the led...it seems (to me)  to be a little less prone to breaking that way.

connect the - from the battery to the sleeve connection on a stereo headphone jack. tie the grounds together of the two jacks, make sure this is connected to the circuit ground as well...make sure they all connect to the ground, not the sleeve, of the input jack.

no idea where you hook up any control pots, they aren't shown on this layout...do you have the schematic as well?

so now, hopefully, your circuit will work...

and i didn't screw ya up too badly!!
;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

trem7

Thanks for the help guys. I think I may have it. I looked at another layout which had a control and tried to compare the two layouts. I also compared the schematic but I'm not too familiar with reading schematics. Hopefully what I've got will work.

deadastronaut

with vero, horizontally flip the image...then mark your cuts.as you see that reversed image....and cut...done!.. :icon_wink:

flip it over and your good to go!...

you are looking at the top component side as it is now ok....

the cuts (red squares) are underneath (copper side)...

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//