the old "friend says 'this old fuzz, fix it & keep it' " dream realized...

Started by hair force one, April 04, 2011, 05:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubelectron

Hi,

The TB MKII Professional is the most sought-after, along with the ultra-rare MK1.
It's one of the best sounding TB - not to say THE best-sounding...
I hope that your (lucky) friend will make a good use of it !

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

ORK

Hey HF-1 have you seen this thread? http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=90689.0 and do you happen to have a copy of your tutorial for those enclosures?

hair force one

no i think the tut is lost but i could post one for the japanese box, good idea!

hair force one

Electric Warrior

Interesting. The 100Ω limiting resistor used to be in circuit, but somebody (probably at the factory) took it out by moving the brown wire to its current spot..

Electric Warrior

Quote from: hair force one on April 04, 2011, 05:48:19 PM
Next minute i rode my bike back to the workshop, grabbed a screwdriver, opened it... it was immaculate, like new, very well built with shielded wires and 3xOC75, tried to read the date on pot but it said only "176" (for 1976, didn't remenbered if macaris made them till then, in 1976 it was more like the SuppaTB or the mkIII), took some photos, fixed it (the battery holders were too big for a regular modern 9v cell, so i soldered a PP3 adapter on them, didn't wanted to remove anything from what i suspected to be a really real one) and plugged it betwenn my "chinesebecker" and on my crappy Park 10w.  

Hint for anyone looking for info on PP4 / VT4 batteries for MKII Tone Benders, Marshall Supa Fuzzes or Dallas Rangemasters: PP4 terminals are identical with PP9 or PP7 terminals. Snaps are still available for these, so it's possible to make adaptors to use cheap PP3 9V blocks in your prized vintage pedals. No modifications needed.  ;)
I recommend isolating the snaps with some tape, so they don't short out with each other or with the enclosure, though.

lowbrow

Wow! Nice! Please record some base, emitter and collector voltages at different attack settings before you give it back to its lucky owner and share them here! :icon_biggrin:

Electron Tornado

Quote from: Perrow on April 05, 2011, 07:26:52 AM
There's quite a lot of stereos, radios, computers and innumerable crt tvs in ours and sometimes something interesting, one time there was even a head from a heat seeking missile  :icon_eek:  Called the police that time.

You should start an electronics recycling business. Cheap spare parts for the electronics hobbyist.
  • SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?