Tortuga Martini chorus clone (A small clone with a touch of custom things)

Started by gtudoran, April 07, 2011, 04:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtudoran

Hello guys,
A friend of mine asked me once if we could clone a Tortuga Martini chorus (didn't have one to look inside), but some time ago another fried got it (for a lot of money - aprox 300euros in Europe), i've open it and guess what ... just anoter Small Clone clone, 1xmn3005 1x4047 and insted of 2xdoual opamp has 1xquad opamp.. nothin' fancy nothing out of the order, but i do have a question: there are 2 pseudo channels (1 depth common for both channels) and 2 speed pots that represent the 2 channels - as far as i saw the 2 pots are switched using a 3pdt switch - again nothing fancy here, but there is another switch that works only on 2nd channel that changes from chorus to vibrato ONLY for 2nd channel. So on this 2nd channel you will have choarus or vibrato and on the first just chorus. Could you guys give me a hit how to make this chorus/vibrato sw. only on 2nd channel? I can and i know how to make it work globaly like the whole unit will be vibrato or chorus (as you know is just a matter of dry signal resistor wich you put it out of the circuit).
Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards,
Gabriel Tudoran
Analog Sound

Thomeeque

"the 2 pots are switched using a 3pdt switch" - one sub-switch is used for SPEED pots, one for status LED and 3rd one for bypassing of CHORUS/VIBRATO mode (DRY signal) switch.. At least that's how I would do it :) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

gtudoran

Ok, i'm stupid :) i had the wrong impression that i have to use 2 pair of contacts from 3pdt switch (it can be done only with one pair as you said). Again thank you verry much for this.

Best regards,
Gabriel Tudoran
Analog Sound

Quote from: Thomeeque on April 07, 2011, 05:12:20 AM
"the 2 pots are switched using a 3pdt switch" - one sub-switch is used for SPEED pots, one for status LED and 3rd one for bypassing of CHORUS/VIBRATO mode (DRY signal) switch.. At least that's how I would do it :) T.

Thomeeque

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!