toneblaster...a ge/silicon hybrid version of the tonebender...

Started by pinkjimiphoton, April 26, 2011, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digi2t

Glad to hear that it`s working out for ya bud. I`ve never tried the temp mod myself, having switched out all my Ge trannies for silicon. I`ve got a MIDI EQ in the rack that took care of the subtle tone changes, so temperature is a non-issue now. Besides, I like a harder (buzz saw) edge to my fuzz anyhow.

I haven`t forgotten about you for the Uglyface man. As soon as I`ve got the studio up and running, I`ll send you a clip.

Cheers dude,
Dino
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

pinkjimiphoton

there is a certain sound with ge's, but i too prefer silicon...i mean, when ya stomp them you KNOW what you'll get.

the temp mod on this pedal worked out great...it's pretty solid and consistent. on my pnp fuzzface, didn't help at all..
i showed a friend yesterday with the box for it open how much temperature could change it..

turned my guitar down about half way, had a blatty ugly farty fuzz...held a bic lighter near the transistors for a second or two, you could literally hear the gain go up like turning a knob!! went from farty and lame to absolutely killer. too bad it won't stay that way.

appreciate the uglyface demo offer bro, take your time, not going anywhere...
hope the move goes well!!

peace!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

here's a video demo of this thing...excuse my and it's lameness...

i think it'll give an idea at least of what it sounds like. if ya build it, please let me know what ya think!!

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

LucifersTrip

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on May 07, 2011, 05:20:41 PM
here's a video demo of this thing...excuse my and it's lameness...

i think it'll give an idea at least of what it sounds like. if ya build it, please let me know what ya think!!

Sounds pretty cool...though, it'd be nice to hear it with your amp clean. For me, fuzzes rarely sound as good on top of an already distorted sound....and you can't hear what it really sounds like, either.
always think outside the box

pinkjimiphoton

at 4:40 i turned it to the clean channel so someone can hear it thru a clean amp with just reverb.
sorry if my lamitude drove ya away before then! ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr