cube shaped enclosure

Started by makepeace, March 04, 2011, 04:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makepeace

Greetings fellows.

I couldn't find an introduction section, so I'll do that here in my first post. I'm Jono from Hermanus, in South Africa. I started playing guitar a couple of years ago, and my interest has been piqued by the more technical aspects of gear such as amps, pedals, and guitar wiring etc.

I want to build a special fuzz pedal for a friends 21st. Its going to be point to point, and very aesthetically pleasing.

I'm looking for a cube shaped enclosure. Size should be about 80x80x80mm or there around. Would prefer it to be cast aluminum. Does anyone know where I could find such a thing?

Cheers

Taylor

I searched Mouser but couldn't find anything like that in their 8,000 enclosures. Some in that size/shape made of plastic though.

LucifersTrip

I was looking for something similar in the past...The closest I found was this

http://www.garvinindustries.com/Electrical-Junction-Boxes/4-Square-Junction-Boxes/4-deep-with-Conduit-Knockouts/52191-BLNK

good luck
always think outside the box

FUZZZZzzzz

check this out... i thought i saw some squares in the past, but they have a lot to choose from..

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Enclosures-Boxes/

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Mark Hammer

As visually interesting as it might be, you may want to think twice about it.  My gut tells me that unless secured in some fashion, such an enclosure shape would be at high risk for flipping over when one goes to step on it.

edvard

Echoing Mark's sentiment... Why a cube?
Are you trying to do this something like this?

Creepy, but might be fun.
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

danielzink

Quote from: edvard on March 07, 2011, 09:34:33 PM
Echoing Mark's sentiment... Why a cube?
Are you trying to do this something like this?

Creepy, but might be fun.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........the Lament Configuration !

dubcut

Daniel- is that the All-Spark?  This all gave me a really cool Idea.  Make a box(nice-customized and tricked out) for a pedal, with a little flip-top lid that is hooked to a switch to make/break 9vdc to the pedal.  No more dead batteries!

Call it the All spark, Optimus Fuzz , think of the hit's you'll get!  Use smaller LED's for the eyes on the Optimus on the inside of the lid. 

Starscream would have to be a scrambler clone,
Soundwave= EQ
Shockwave = Square synth
  Devastator = dual octave pedal WITH Ring mod (selectable/blend knob?).  I am sleep deprived. 

edvard

QuoteDaniel- is that the All-Spark?
No, that is the Lament Configuration.
This is the Allspark:

Superficial resemblance, BIG difference.
Great ideas you have, though.
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

makepeace

wow haven't been back here for a while!

yeah spot on okes, that is almost exactly the kind of look i would be going for..

thx all for the links, but i haven't yet seen something that would be "perfect".

that hammond 1590v is a little big, but is pretty much what i'm after in terms of construction.

the junction box is still a little big, and i'm not fond of the structure of it..

i've bought a small 60x55x30 enclosure that i'm going to attempt to put a sho in, which might be an alternative.. but i'd really love a smallish cube.. let me know if anyone comes up with something!

jono