Does anyone know who manufactures Dunlop's MXR enclosures?

Started by skiraly017, May 01, 2011, 05:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

They don't have any markings at all and they're not the same as BUD/Hammond/NSC/etc, the sides are perpendicular to the top as opposed to being on an angle. Any leads would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Govmnt_Lacky

I recently raised this question. I believe they are NOT aluminum enclosures as they have quite a bit MORE weight to them as the aluminum equivalent.

I noticed that Hammond began to manufacture Zinc enclosures with almost the same specs as the MXR enclosures as far as size goes. Here is a link:

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg_Zinc.htm

The 1590K430 looks to be pretty close to the MXR enclosures (i.e. Dist+, Comp, etc.)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

skiraly017

The K430 has the side ribs though. Also on the Dunlop ones there are no casting marks (or they've been cleaned up). I have an email into Dunlop but don't expect to hear anything. It would be great to track these down.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

skiraly017

From Dunlop -

Unfortunately I cannot release any information about our casting vendor.  All of our castings are molded from the original MXR mold used decades ago and are cast here in America. 

I kind of expected this answer but still bummed.

skiraly017

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 01, 2011, 05:58:19 PM
I recently raised this question. I believe they are NOT aluminum enclosures as they have quite a bit MORE weight to them as the aluminum equivalent.

I noticed that Hammond began to manufacture Zinc enclosures with almost the same specs as the MXR enclosures as far as size goes. Here is a link:

The 1590K430 looks to be pretty close to the MXR enclosures (i.e. Dist+, Comp, etc.)

Jeebus! The 1590K430 is almost $10 each!

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: skiraly017 on May 03, 2011, 03:30:42 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 01, 2011, 05:58:19 PM

Jeebus! The 1590K430 is almost $10 each!

That's not that much than we pay here in europe for aluminium!