escobedo's ugly face video demo

Started by pinkjimiphoton, May 07, 2011, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

allow me the overnight and I'll have it looked at.

[edit :] but if something else comes up, it'll be two days ....... sorry.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

duck_arse

it is done. as far as I can see, your diagram matches the vero layout. if the vero ain't right, then .....

however - it has been mentioned before, and now again - that vero shows D1 and C1 connected wrong/ineffectually/weirdly. your circuit appears sane in that area.

your circuit shows a 2 position switch for the rampup/no/down switch. it should be drawn with an empty circle in the middle position to indicate the off state.

and, from when I could stand the noise this makes - you might add a supply bypass cap for IC3. the vactrol led really should have a low value series resistor of its own for protection. and the output level is so big and sounds so awful that a tone control is recommended. you can use a series pot and cap to ground, lose half your signal and still be volts in.

good luck.

pinkjimiphoton

all i can say is that whatever veroboard diagram i posted appears to have been good, i still have my ugly face and it sounds great. i did add a small cap to ground to take some of the high end a little, but other than that as shown it worked great.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

rankot

Quote from: duck_arse on March 25, 2016, 10:03:51 AM
the vactrol led really should have a low value series resistor of its own for protection.
Is 100 Ohm sufficient?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

100R is certainly better than nothing. yes, entirely adequate.

rankot

Is there any suggested value? I am afraid that if I put too big resistor here, it will affect LDR sensitivity too much.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

are you doing roll-your-own vactrol or bought one? if rolling with a superbrite, you would probably still get enough swoop to make you sick with a 100R. you can try it, if you don't feel sick enuff, link over the R.