escobedo's ugly face video demo

Started by pinkjimiphoton, May 07, 2011, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

the bb neaded some "refurbishment" before use. it'll last until the new one arrives. some progress has been made (on the sig gen), by simply adding more parts. still, there'll be a spare opamp for the osc ....
don't make me draw another line.

~arph

How about a CV sequencer instead of the LFO..  :icon_cool:

duck_arse

a sequencer? I have a (2) 4 bit counters on my board, driving the madness. stepped/square waves into CV sounds more fun than an lfo on the led.

[edit:] we might be thinking of different things here. too late now.

~arph

I'm thinking more of a sample and hold type of sound versus the typical lfo sweeping. Might experiment with that myself someday, too busy with other stuff right now

digi2t

Quote from: ~arph on September 24, 2014, 10:36:55 AM

I have Uglyface.

I have EHX 8 Step.

Where do I plug in?

:icon_mrgreen:

(Lug 2 of the frequency pot? :icon_rolleyes:)
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

GibsonGM

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with....  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

nocentelli

Quote from: digi2t on September 24, 2014, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: ~arph on September 24, 2014, 10:36:55 AM

I have Uglyface.

I have EHX 8 Step.

Where do I plug in?

:icon_mrgreen:

(Lug 2 of the frequency pot? :icon_rolleyes:)

Driving the LED (instead of having the guitar signal drive the LED)?
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

~arph

digi2t

I guess that would be between the Sensitivity pot, and the 2.2uF cap. The 1K pot acting as the current limiter for the LED, and how much the CV will play on the LED.

I think my Schumann Two Face Fuzz build is going to take a temporary back-seat tonight.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

~arph

duck_arse

Quote from: GibsonGM on September 24, 2014, 07:31:00 PM
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with....  ;)

you say that now. how many rotary switches do you have?

I'm gots mine working (bb and guitar), no lfo though. with divided square fed to the 7555 CV input, sometimes via resistor, sometimes via cap, sometimes both parallel. everyone's a winner. sheer, sliding madness, probably totally useless. it'll be a hellava circuit, possibly tomorrow.

GibsonGM

Nice!  Can you make a clip, DA?  I haven't started mine as i'm now engaged building a timer for a dehumidification system using an Arduino...off to code...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

duck_arse

me DA? a clip? I can't even work the fecking built-in soundcard on this pc with linux. I mute one channel, it auto-mutes all channels, and there is one channel that needs un-mute but set to 0. baffling.

lfo now included. circuit tomorrow, fer sure.

and you blokes playing at the sensitivity pot - I've added an emitter follower between the pot wiper and the 7555 R input, with a 100nF at the base for sigs in. I found the low-end of the sens pot was playing funny buggers with weedy cmos digital signals.

duck_arse

forsakenrider

Did anyone ever come up with the just LFO added mod? I'd love to build one but don't have/never used strip board, prefer the schematic for sure  :icon_twisted:

rankot

I would like to see a schematic for this modded Ugly Face, but the link is broken. :(
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

is it the mick bailey circuit you are seeking?

pinkjimiphoton

i never had the schematic for this, other than escobedo's, but i have the vero layout if it'll help ya. worked great, it's what's in the video.

btw, still on the original battery, how many years later?????
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

rankot

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

rankot

I did the trace like this, but I would like to see an original to compare (I'm pretty new with this).

http://www.cad.rs/d/UglyFaceLFO.pdf
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!