Rust Driver not working

Started by karolisd, May 14, 2011, 08:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Hi there, let me say that diode orientation isn't important, it can change a little if the diodes were of two different kinds, but here we have the same kind. 1n914 instead of 1n4148, basically they are the same kind, so no use for a change.
Did you remember to put pin 4 to ground!? I am gonna change that portion in the layout, but yeah check that! The layout you used spotted a jumper under r5 leg. better put it under the chip, but basically yeah we have to put pin 4 to ground.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

karolisd

Hi, yeah, I put pin 4 to ground (actually i did a solder bridge between those two tracks ;D). Checked voltages on the pins again, now it goes something like this:
1) 4,5V
2) 4,5V
3) 4,5V
4) -9V
5) 4,5V
6) 4,5V
7) 4,5V
8 ) 9V
Are those the right voltages?

Renegadrian

haven't got one handy right now - basically pin 8 is direct voltage, pins 3 and 5 see half the voltage as for the voltage divider (the 2 100k res) and pin 4 is to ground so it should read 0v. other than that, I dunno about the other pins!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

karolisd

Well, when I checked pin 4, I put the positive side of the voltmeter on the + and the negative on pin 4, so basically, yeah, the voltage is 0v.

vendettav

^ mmm you sure ??? mine usually gives me -9 if i put it that way (flipped black and red) at the pin where i get 9 in the correct way
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

karolisd

Yes, I get 0v on pin 4. I can't imagine, why I said I got -9v. When I change the polarity of the voltmeter i get 9v.