Malekko Ekko 616 - no wet signal

Started by LonePhantom, May 16, 2011, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonePhantom

Hi all, I have a Malekko Ekko 616. Such an awesome sounding delay pedal. The modulation section is pretty cool too.

I recently had a power spike problem in my studio, and unfortunately my Ekko seemed to cop the brunt of it. All lights come on, flash, etc. Problem is I only get the dry signal, no lovely analogue delay or modulation goodness.

I'm guessing that perhaps one or more of the ICs have been fried. Does this sound likely?

LonePhantom

Bumping it up there. Can anyone offer some advice? :)

tiges_ tendres

Could be anything.  Could be a protection diode.  We have no way of knowing unless you open it up and post us some pictures.
Try a little tenderness.

LonePhantom

Ok I'll try and get on to it tonight. Thanks for your response. :)

LonePhantom

Here's the PCB. Everything looks fine, that's what scares me. Almost all SMD, I don't think I will be able to fix it now. :(

[img]http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/MalekkoEkko.jpg[\img]

There's two diodes together, are they the protection ones? I could maybe try fixing it.

Thanks all

phector2004

Doubt it, as there are two and they're small signal diodes... probably part of the signal path

Did you check the switch? I'd cross my fingers and hope it's something that easy to fix!

Good luck

Hides-His-Eyes

LonePhantom

Switch looks to be working. Effect appears to be turning on and off. Lights do as they should, etc. Could a power spike really damage a mechanical switch?

I have got a multimeter. What should I check first?

Thanks all :)

Hides-His-Eyes

check that every IC is getting power and that any regulators aren't fried.

LonePhantom

I'll see if I can work that out. Thanks :)

LonePhantom

I'm hopefully going to get around to checking this pedal out this weekend. Can anyone tell me what I can connect the negative lead of my multimeter to on this pedal? I've not tested ICs before, and not sure. Thanks all. :)

Hides-His-Eyes

I usually use the "sleeve" contact of the output socket, unless it's not connected in which case use the ring of the input.

LonePhantom

Great, thanks. Hopefully I'll sort something out this weekend.

Cheers