Strymon El Capistan Tap Tempo mod?

Started by jimosity, May 23, 2011, 11:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimosity

OK - So the El Capistan has a built in tap tempo, but it's an oddball configuration to do tapping.
What I'm looking to be able to do is add in a jack to allow the unit to be controlled by an external tap button - like the DD7's will do...but a simple momentary switch doesn't work.
Even though the unit has a momentary switch, there's something else going on in there that makes it more complex.

Anybody have any clue on what I can do to add in a jack to do the external tapping with a standard momentary switch?
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

jimosity

By the way, I'm pretty sure the El Capistan is NC whereas the Boss stuff is NO, so maybe a better subject would if it's possible to convert something from NC to NO.
:}
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

MoltenVoltage

I'd be surprised if its normally closed.

If you try bridging it with a momentary NO switch to test?

If it is normally closed, you will could use a shunted jack so your footswitch disconnects the tap switch.
MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

Barcode80

Digging up an old thread, did this ever get sorted? I'd like to do the same thing to a Brigadier. Also, anyone know the wiring/insides for a favorite switch?