|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 04:58:27 PM
946470 Posts in 101626 Topics by 31726 Members
Latest Member: RenéF
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  what does this schematic symbol mean? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what does this schematic symbol mean?  (Read 1811 times)
FWALS

what does this schematic symbol mean?
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »

I'd like to build this, but I'm not sure what the  arrow with 'Vb' above it means.
Any help would be appreciated. Here's a link to the schematic

http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Fuzz%20and%20Fuzzy%20Noisemakers/Analog%20Bit%20Crusher.gif

cloudscapes

Etienne B

Re: what does this schematic symbol mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »

it's a voltage reference. in this case half of the power supply generated by the two resistors and capacitor on the left. just connect all 5 Vb points together and you're good to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}
FWALS

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »

Great thanks!
ayayay!

Jono

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:09:21 AM »

Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds...  icon_eek That alone begs it to be built.  Should be really easy!  What the heck is this anyway?  Something synth-y?

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
tiges_ tendres

Steven M

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »

Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds...  icon_eek That alone begs it to be built.  Should be really easy!  What the heck is this anyway?  Something synth-y?
It's a sample rate reducer.  Kind of sounds like a ring mod.  I built one but was largely unimpressed.

Try a little tenderness.
ayayay!

Jono

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »

I'm a derp.  I don't know what a sample rate reducer is unless it's one of those online mortgage calculators. 

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
Gurner

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »

Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds... 

They're there in spades... albeit virtual ones!
tiges_ tendres

Steven M

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »

I'm a derp.  I don't know what a sample rate reducer is unless it's one of those online mortgage calculators. 

Sounds like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJVxZV2Ptw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJVxZV2Ptw</a>

Try a little tenderness.
ayayay!

Jono

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »

Oh yeah I know, I just mean the literal components to earth.  Don't see that too often in pedals. 

EATyourGuitar

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »

also fair to say that it can be called a sample&hold that goes up to audio rates. hence, therefor, hereto ::strokes beard:: why its a analog sample rate reducer and not the traditional analog>digital>analog converter with variable clock frequency.

FWALS

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »

It's a sample rate reducer.  Kind of sounds like a ring mod.  I built one but was largely unimpressed.

Hey what part did you use for the op amps?
MikeH

Mike H - Ann Arbor, MI

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »

Oh yeah I know, I just mean the literal components to earth.  Don't see that too often in pedals. 

They dont show it on the schematic, but you'll obviously need to ground the opamps.  It's really not that different than other designs of similar complexity.

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH
tiges_ tendres

Steven M

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:57 PM »

Hey what part did you use for the op amps?

2 4558's  Any dual will do.

Try a little tenderness.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: