Mark Hammer's Woody - cap substitution

Started by egasimus, May 25, 2011, 05:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egasimus

I'm building this version of the Woody. However, nobody seems to stock 39n caps around these parts, and I don't think I'll find any room for parallel caps on my layout. Would substituting them with 33n or 47n drastically affect the sound? :-\

Also, I was hoping I could sell several units to my local scene (Varna, Bulgaria). We do have a lot of bands who seem to be in dire need of an acoustic sim. Do I have Mr. Hammer's permission for this? :)

Thomeeque

Quote from: egasimus on May 25, 2011, 05:58:36 AM
I'm building this version of the Woody. However, nobody seems to stock 39n caps around these parts, and I don't think I'll find any room for parallel caps on my layout. Would substituting them with 33n or 47n drastically affect the sound? :-\

Use 33n for C4, C5, C6 and 12k for R6, R7 & R8. You will get same filter. Good luck, T.

EDIT: I have missed C2, it's 39n too.. well, it's bit more complicated to stay 100% close to original here, I would just use 33n or 47n here probably without altering the rest.. Or you can go with C2=47n and R4=10k - you would get same frequency characteristic, but this path would be slightly /+1.6dB/ louder (but this could be compansated by pots)..
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

egasimus

Great, thanks a ton :) :) I'll FINALLY have acoustic simulator goodness at my.. eh.. toetips :icon_lol:

Srsly, IDK why, but now I feel a lot better about life in general, for some reason. :P